What now? You know me and my attempt at writing clever blog post titles. This week’s color challenge is not JUST green, but JADE. See the example.
The example image of colors may help you with future monthly color challenges from March through June.
I do adore the color green and of course with St. Patrick’s Day celebrated on March 17th, Jade seems like a great color to explore this month.
“It is better to live as a broken piece of jade, than to live as a useless piece of clay.” Bruce Lee
Jade is a gemstone with a variety of green hues. I’m going more with the milky-white green depicted in many of the images.
“Jade is part of the green color ray, the most lush and verdant shade of green, a color that reflects growth and vitality. It is also a stone that stands for wealth and longevity.” Jade Meaning
Jade has other meanings besides describing a particular color of green. Oxford Online Dictionary defines JADED as “tired, bored, worn out or lacking enthusiasm, due to age or experience. Also, apathetic or insensitive.
Jade is also a woman’s name. She’s driving the car in the featured image (digitally colored by me, from Color Planet).
The color jade depicts anything in addition to the above definitions. I LOVE any color in the green spectrum. Green in all its hues surrounds us in nature, and I will never get “jaded” or worn out from seeing it.
Nine Mile Falls in its spring glory taken March 8. Just a few days ago, they let the water out of the dam and the water was mostly brown. Between the collected silt pushed through from snowmelt in the mountains, the water is flowing jade green!
Play with the color jade or the word “jaded” in any form and simply have fun. It’s a color challenge we explore once a month so please enjoy!
For more green inspiration, please check out my previous “green posts.”
- 2021 Color Challenge: Spring Green
- 2020 Up Close and personal to Green
- 2019 Something Green in Hawaii
- Or a walk down memory lane (in 2017) with the former WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge It is Easy Being Green Interestingly, I could see by the thumbnails how many folks are STILL blogging as well as how many are not. Way to hang in there if you are one of those who still are. We’re definitely not JADED.
“In life and art, it’s better to be an enthusiastic amateur than a jaded professional.” Robert Genn
LOL, if anyone reading this is a professional photographer, I assume you are NOT jaded.
A Wee Bit More Green
Another former sunflower boasts its delicate shades of green as it reaches for the sky.
Macro view of clovers.
I can’t get enough green!
“We are meant to taste of life…and drink the cup of it to the dregs, bitter and sweet alike.” ~ Jacqueline Carey
Don’t forget to have a taste of a green margarita if you celebrate St Patty’s Day!
“Take life with a grain of salt…a wedge of lime…and a shot of tequila!” Unknown
Photo Challenges this Week
Each week I am inspired by my fellow bloggers’ photo challenges. I find it fun to incorporate these into my Sunday Stills weekly themes.
- Cee’s Flower of the Day
- Dawn’s Spring Festival (coming March 24)
- Hammad’s weekend sky
- Jez’s Water, Water, Everywhere
- Johnbo’s CellPic Sunday
- Lens-Artists: Closer
- Marsha’s Writers Quotes Wednesday WQW: Taste
Sunday Stills Photo Challenge Reminders
- Remember to title your blog post a little differently than mine.
- Please create a new post for the theme or link a recent one.
- Entries for this theme can be posted all week.
- Tag your post “Sunday Stills.”
- Don’t forget to create a pingback to this post so that other participants can read your post.
- I also recommend adding your post’s URL into the comments.
This Week’s Featured Bloggers
Sunday Stills is a wonderful community of bloggers and photographers who enjoy connecting with one another. Below are this week’s links from bloggers who participated in the monthly color challenge. I edit these all week as new links are added.
- YOUR NAME HERE!
- Always Write
- The Blog of Hammad Rais
- Bushboy’s World
- Cats and Trails and Garden Tales
- Cee’s Photo Challlenges
- Easin’ Along Image shared in comments
- Geriatrix FotoGallery
- Graham’s Island
- Hugh’s Views and News Image in Comments
- Light Words
- Loving Life
- Musin’ With Susan
- Now At Home
- Philosophy Through Photography
- Priorhouse Blog
- Stevie Turner
- This is Another Story
- Travel With Me
- Wide-Eyed Wonderings
- Wind Kisses
- Woolly Muses
- Working On Exploring
Upcoming Sunday Stills Schedule and Themes
- March 20 Daylight in Black and White
- March 27 Urban
- April 3 No Challenge
This week, enjoy the monthly color challenge and be as creative as you can with your photos, stories, poetry, and music. If you don’t have time for a blog post, remember you can add an image to the comments section with the URL in your image from the media library, or share an image on your social media and tag my post or my social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram.
To see more of my images and other news, consider following Terri on Social Media by clicking the icons:
© 2022-2025 Copyright — secondwindleisure.com — All Rights Reserved