My name is Terri Webster Schrandt and I blog about the fun things in life from my perspective. I take leisure very seriously because it involves one-third of our lives…really!
I am lucky to have an active lifestyle that involves windsurfing, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), camping, reading, writing, teaching, walking the dogs, traveling, and…
Most of my posts reflect my leisure places & spaces and my reactions to them. I share a variety of stories all related to a healthy leisure lifestyle.
I use all my own images for my posts and participate in several photography challenges.
If you like what you have read so far, please subscribe to my blog!
I love photography and I take tons of photos with my Samsung phone and my digital camera! There are a variety of photography challenges available and most are open to everyone.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Each Friday, WP creates a theme by which bloggers can share their photo depicting that theme. Pingbacks help bloggers discover other bloggers.
- Jennifer Nicole Wells’ One Word Photo Challenge
- Norm 2.0’s Thursday Doors
A Self-Published Author
Once I began writing posts for my blog, I quickly saw the importance of featuring a compelling image to illustrate the post’s content. As I further honed my writing and photography skills, the idea of a guidebook came to mind. My first eBook, Better Blogging with Photography, was published on Amazon Kindle in July 2016. Read more on my book page.
Blogging events are great for sharing your blog as well as meeting and following new bloggers. I also participate in several link-ups which are great way to share your blog posts and meet new bloggers. Check out my sidebar for the gallery of events, awards and challenges.
Leisurely Thursdays Feature. Bi-weekly, I blog about leisure, its history and relevance to our society today, and why leisure is invaluable to the human condition. I also offer tips and perspectives for a variety of leisure subjects like fitness, cycling, camping, travel, etc.
Part-time Monster’s Weekend Coffee Share. A fun way to wrap up the week with a chatty post.
Here is a little more about me:
My summer weekends are spent in the Sacramento delta windsurfing and stand-up paddling (SUP) with my husband of three years (we knew each other in high school and found each other on Facebook—read about that here).
At Windigen Consulting I offer a refreshed view and second wind to your professional and personal life through training, leisure coaching and education to help people discover meaningful work and leisure.
WHY DO I BLOG? These are my goals:
- The ultimate goal with this blog is to educate people about the importance of leisure, one blog post at a time!
- To continue to build more readership by following other bloggers, reading their blogs and searching for writing inspiration while encouraging them as writers and story-tellers.
- My ultimate goal? To continue to write and self-publish non-fiction e-books and a leisure education guidebook.
If you like what you have read so far, please join me at “Second Wind Leisure Perspectives”