My name is Terri Webster Schrandt and I blog about the fun things in life from my perspective. I take leisure very seriously because it involves one-third of our lives…really!
I am grateful to have a lifestyle that involves lots of physical activities like windsurfing, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), camping, hiking, teaching, walking the dogs, and travel.
My love of photography inspires my posts which reflect my leisure places & spaces and my reactions to them. I share a variety of stories all related to a healthy leisure lifestyle.
I use all my own images for my posts and participate in several photography challenges.
I love photography and I take tons of photos with my Samsung phone and my digital camera! There are a variety of photography challenges available and are open to everyone.
- Sunday Stills Photo Challenge hosted by me is a themed, weekly photography feature with new bloggers joining each week.
- Cee’s Photography hosts several of her own photo challenges and keeps a listing of other blogger’s photo challenges.
A Self-Published Author
Once I began writing posts for my blog, I quickly saw the importance of featuring a compelling image to illustrate the post’s content. As I further honed my writing and photography skills, the idea of a guidebook came to mind. My first eBook, Better Blogging with Photography, was published on Amazon Kindle in July 2016. Read more on my book page.
My next book, No Excuses Fitness, is in production in 2020. Here is an example of the cover.
Here is a little more about me:
My summer weekends are spent in the Sacramento delta windsurfing and stand-up paddling (SUP) with my husband of three years (we knew each other in high school and found each other on Facebook—read about that here).
WHY DO I BLOG? These are my goals:
- The goal of this blog is to educate people about the importance of leisure and a healthy lifestyle, one blog post at a time!
- I love photography and constantly take pics with my Lumix FZ-300 and my Samsung Galaxy mobile phone. Sharing these photos in posts and on Instagram is a much-loved hobby!
- My ultimate goal? To continue to write and self-publish non-fiction e-books.
If you like what you have read so far, please join me at “Second Wind Leisure Perspectives”