My name is Terri Webster Schrandt and I blog about the fun things in life from my perspective. I take leisure very seriously because it involves one-third of our lives…really!
I am lucky to have an active lifestyle that involves windsurfing, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), camping, reading, writing, teaching, walking the dogs, traveling, and…
Most of my posts reflect my leisure places & spaces and my reactions to them. I share a variety of stories all related to a healthy leisure lifestyle.
I use all my own images for my posts and participate in several photography challenges.
If you like what you have read so far, please subscribe to my blog!
I love photography and I take tons of photos with my Samsung phone and my digital camera! There are a variety of photography challenges available and most are open to everyone.
- Sunday Stills Photo Challenge hosted by me! A themed weekly photography feature with a link-up. Pingbacks and link-ups help bloggers discover other bloggers.
- Cee’s Photography hosts several of her own photo challenges and keeps a listing of other blogger’s photo challenges.
- Norm 2.0’s Thursday Doors
A Self-Published Author
Once I began writing posts for my blog, I quickly saw the importance of featuring a compelling image to illustrate the post’s content. As I further honed my writing and photography skills, the idea of a guidebook came to mind. My first eBook, Better Blogging with Photography, was published on Amazon Kindle in July 2016. Read more on my book page.
Here is a little more about me:
My summer weekends are spent in the Sacramento delta windsurfing and stand-up paddling (SUP) with my husband of three years (we knew each other in high school and found each other on Facebook—read about that here).
WHY DO I BLOG? These are my goals:
- The ultimate goal with this blog is to educate people about the importance of leisure, one blog post at a time!
- I love photography and constantly take pics with my Lumix FZ-300 and my Samsung Galaxy mobile phone. Sharing these photos in posts and on Instagram is a much-loved hobby!
- My ultimate goal? To continue to write and self-publish non-fiction e-books.
If you like what you have read so far, please join me at “Second Wind Leisure Perspectives”