If we were having coffee today, (and yes, I admit, it has been a few weeks), it would be nice to have your company. Hubby was gone all weekend at a retreat in Lake Tahoe and I stayed home and caught up. Try some of this caramel-flavored coffee I just bought.
Lecturing at the university was a lot more work than I bargained for! Rather than bore you with the details, let’s just say I was very busy putting two two-hour lectures together each week for the last 4 months. The final grades were submitted on Friday for 90 students. Done.
I can breathe now.
My next project for summer…?
I’m working on the E-book. A little research, a lot of writing, then self-publishing…the summer will fly by, then school will start again.
On top of that, you know by now that my blog is self-hosted. Since my posts do not show in the WordPress Reader any longer, it takes more TLC to reconnect with readers using social media and other means. Many bloggers I have followed over the past two years have moved on to self-hosting. Because of the need for more blog promotion, I have found the need to employ some new and more consistent strategies.
Let’s take a few minutes and I’ll share some of my strategies for blog promotion. Need a refill on your coffee?
1. Sharing posts at link parties. I participate in three. There are endless opportunities to find link-ups hosted by other bloggers. Following the hosts and the rules of the link-ups are important for their success. Most link-ups have a goal for being featured (the most clicks on the post by other link participants). This extra exposure is guaranteed to bring more readers to your blog.
2. Interacting in Facebook Groups. I belong to several groups where sharing and promoting blogs has been helpful for finding and connecting with new readers.
3. Securing Sidebar Sponsorships. For a small monthly fee, my badge image is featured on the sidebars of two popular blogs. As readers scroll through posts on these blogs, the badges are revealed and can be clicked to read their latest posts. Plus the host blogger makes a little money in the process.
- Please stop by Dream Big, Dream Often. Here you will see my badge. Dan re-blogs his “Dream Big” partners’ posts each week. He also hosts a weekly meet and greet.
- My blog is also featured on Suzie Speaks. While you are there, here is your chance to vote for your favorite bloggers in the 2016 Blogger Bash. Please stop by and support fellow bloggers!
4. Sharing Others’ Posts. I always think it is wonderful when another blogger randomly shares my post on Twitter or Facebook. [bctt tweet=”When I read a great post, I find the Tweet button at the bottom of the post and Tweet. Very quick and easy.” username=”windigenredhead”]
My Twitter following has also grown. Recently I published a post on the benefits of using Twitter Tools. Check it out if you missed it.
5. Being Featured on Other Blogs. This week I had the pleasure of being featured in an online magazine, Making Midlife Matter , 5 TIPS FOR A BETTER AND SAFER BICYCLE RIDING EXPERIENCE. I shared this older post with the editor and it was selected for publication.
6. Featuring Bloggers on Your Blog. Speaking of sharing, I came across two blogs this week that I’ll share with you. [bctt tweet=”Featuring other’s blogs in a round-up post is also an effective way to share the love and bring in more readers.” username=”windigenredhead”]
- Sue Loncaric is a busy midlife blogger who writes about fitness, wellness and similar leisure subjects. She also co-hosts the Over the Moon Link Up Party that opens on Sunday nights. Please check out her latest post on adult play.
- Another blogger I love reading is Lynn from Encore Voyage. She is happily retired and writes interesting posts. Her latest, Using Time Intentionally, is a must-read for those who are retired or thinking about it.
Well that took a while, but I really enjoyed having coffee with you today. Do you need a refill on your beverage?
I hope you discovered some creative yet easy ways to promote your blog. Come back soon! In the meantime, feel free to join Part-Time Monster’s weekly feature.
I would love to know what strategies have worked for you! Leave me a comment!