Perhaps you have already started to see a small dip in your blog traffic as your readers take their holidays and vacations. And you may not be blogging as much either. You know what? It’s OK.
If you are taking a break from blogging, you can let your readers know in several ways.
1. Simply write a post telling readers that you are on vacation until a particular date.
2. Put a text widget in your sidebar with similar information.
3. If you are taking a break but are still posting, you can of course, pre-schedule your posts in advance.
4. As a courtesy, let your readers know that you may not be reading or commenting on a regular basis.
5. If you are hosting any link-ups or challenges, let your readers know as soon as possible. Here is an example of what I posted for The Leisure Link break. Although The Leisure Link is taking a break, and I will be traveling, I will still be posting. But I will not panic when I see my readership down!
6. Ask for some guest posts. Note that this can take some pre-planning on your part.
7. You can also freshen up and reblog your old posts. Maybe add a new photo and update the information. Or you can simply re-blog others’ posts.
If you are into photography or quotes, posting photos or quotes for challenges, or just for fun, can be less time-consuming than writing out a post. I have personally found that I get high traffic volume on my weekly photo challenge posts each Friday.
Here are some more ideas by Michelle on WordPress: Lights Out.
We all need a break. Blogging is a wonderful activity which requires dedication and consistency. With these tips in place, you can freely enjoy your time off without worry! Your readers will be there when you return.
This tip is shared on Debbie In Shape.