If you haven’t heard lately, I started a link-up called The Leisure Link. A link-up is an active social blogging event that brings bloggers together. You might see them described as a “linky”, a blog party, a grid or a blog hop. Link-ups are very efficient ways to connect with other readers.
Here is a simple guide for joining a link-up.
- Go to the host’s home page or the post of a current link-up.
- Read through the introduction and basic rules for the link-up.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the post…you will see a small link “An InLinkz Link-up” or a blue tab with a blue frog that says “Add Link”…Click it!
- You are then directed to the link-up page. Here you add the URL of your blog POST to the field.
- In the next field, the title of your post will populate. You may have to edit your title a bit depending on the numbers of letters that are in the field. You want your title to be catchy, so edit a little if the title is too long.
- Once that is done, the images from your post will populate and here you can crop the one you want others on the link-up to see.
- Remember, an eye-catching thumbnail and title will entice readers to select your post to read.
Once you have added your link and click “DONE,” it will take you to a social media sharing page, where you can share your linked post. Or you can choose to go back to the link-up and link another post. Most link-ups allow you to share 2-3 posts.
For more information on joining link-ups with visual step-by-step instructions, visit my new friend Shellie at The Fab Journey.
Okay, you’re busy….scroll down to find the blue link and click to go straight to the Link-up.
The Leisure Link Week 2 was very successful with 19 linked posts. Each post had something to do with leisure, whether it was about fitness, personal style, a Father’s Day recipe, gardening tips, or how to make a summer hat, and they were all entertaining and useful!
The winner with the most clicks was Life on the Porch, posted by Michele at Life Redesign 101.
The runner up was Kimberly of Fifty Jewels with her post on Personal Style.
Please stop by their blogs to read these wonderful posts. Every participant’s blog post was pinned to my Pinterest board dedicated to The Leisure Link.
Are you ready for Round Three of The Leisure Link? Click here for the link-up page where you can read the rules and add your favorite post related to all things leisure and recreation. Scroll down the page and click on the blue frog image to link up! The link-up is open from Sunday, 8:00am to Tuesday, 6:00pm (Pacific time).
In honor of Father’s Day, why not share a post related to all things “Dad”? Or, here is another definition of leisure to help you find a post to share.
“Leisure is activity—apart from the obligation of work, family, and society—to which the individual turns at will, for either relaxation, diversion, or broadening his knowledge and his spontaneous social participation, the free exercise of his creative capacity” Dumazedier, J. (1974). Leisure and the social system.
Please enjoy your Father’s Day Sunday!