What is it about leisure activities that require food and beverages as catalysts? Have you ever attended an event where there was no food or drinks available (for free or fee)? And did you feel deprived if there wasn’t something offered? Think about this while we have our coffee today.
If we were having coffee, I would tell you about my crazy week of weather, which entailed one day of rain, rare for Northern California this time of year, and three days of 100+ degree heat. Ugh! If you like iced mochas, or iced coffee, you will be right at home on this hot morning.
If we were having coffee, I would remind you that I shared posts about road-crossing geese and swimming dogs wearing life-jackets. I am still feelng a little of the slump I mentioned last week, so very few profound words made it into the blog.
Aside from an ordinary week with weird weather, I want to tell you about my new link-up, The Leisure Link, that I introduced last week. I shared my post “How to Promote Your Blog Using Link-ups” about using link-up parties to boost your blog posts, and to get more readers and followers.
The link was met with much success for its inaugural run with 14 links and 100 views. My blog traffic definitely saw a spike during the link-up days, Sunday through Tuesday. I was very pleased to meet a couple of new bloggers who linked up and I noticed that participants also followed each other and commented!
Now for the Featured Bloggers!
I am pleased to announce that Donna of Homemade Naturally had the most clicks with her post, “Beautiful Nature Photos” depicting some gorgeous leisure spaces in Ontario, Canada. Please take a moment and visit her blog.
The runner up was Karen at Fill Your Own Glass. She shared nostalgic childhood memories in this post “Days Gone By: Summers as a 70’s Kid.” If you were a kid in the 70’s, you will love this!
Please stop by their blogs to read these wonderful posts about travel and childhood play. Every participant’s blog post was pinned to my Pinterest board dedicated to The Leisure Link.
What are the advantages to sharing your posts in a link-up?
1. The link-up hosts will feature the winners on their blog which reaches out to a whole new audience.
2. Even if you did not get chosen as the featured blogger, most link hosts will share your posts on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
3. Your blog posts are exposed to other bloggers who visit the host link-up. If bloggers participate fully by choosing a couple of posts on which to read and comment, you could end up with new followers to your blog.
4. The best advantage also comes from just being a part of the blogging community. I love reading other blog posts on a variety of subjects. The purpose of link parties is to share, and part of sharing is caring about your fellow linkers.
5. You are not expected to read every post shared, but read the ones that look interesting to you and leave a meaningful comment and mention you found them from that link party. Getting comments makes our day!
Thank you to all who participated in the very first Leisure Link.
Are you ready for Round Two of The Leisure Link? Click here for the link-up page where you can add your favorite post related to all things leisure and recreation. Scroll down the page and click on the blue frog image to link up! the link-up is open from Sunday, 8:00am to Tuesday, 6:00pm (Pacific time).
If you are still scratching your head trying to figure out what leisure is, consider this:
…leisure has three important functions: relaxation, entertainment, and personal development. The notion of “leisure” has no simple definition, and leisure education with its processes and applications are far reaching and involve many ideals and components. One of the simplest definitions of leisure is: free and unobligated time.
I hope that you enjoyed your coffee as much as I did. Thank you for stopping by today. And don’t forget to stop by Part-time Monster’s blog and link up your weekend coffee share post!